Re: bookmark.el patch for 1) other window and 2) C-x p instead of C-x r

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: bookmark.el patch for 1) other window and 2) C-x p instead of C-x r
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:33:50 -0400

Please do not define either C-x p or C-x j.  Merely to separate the
bookmark commands from the register commands is not a good reason
to use up one of those two slots.

If we had lots of such prefixes available, then I'd be all in favor of
using one for this.  But we don't, so we should save them for
something more important.

Please put the bookmark commands on C-x r where they were before.