Re: GPL v3

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Re: GPL v3
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:29:44 -0700

>>>>> "Mathias" == Mathias Megyei <address@hidden> writes:

Mathias> # start in current directory
Mathias> @list = glob("./*");
Mathias> foreach my $d (@list) {
Mathias>     $fhtest->print("$d\n");
Mathias>     if (-d $d and ! -l $d) {
Mathias>         # if directory, append to @list and look into it later
Mathias>         push(@list, glob($d . "/*"));
Mathias>     } elsif (-f $d) {
Mathias>         # file found, update it to gpl3
Mathias>         change_gpl($d);
Mathias>     } else {
Mathias>         # not file and not directory, should never happen
Mathias>         print("of unknown type: $d\n");
Mathias>     }
Mathias> }

In the future, take a look at File::Find for this.  No need
to rewrite treewalking... it's part of the core libs.

Mathias>     my $fh = new FileHandle $file, "r";

Indirect Object syntax is officially discouraged.  And in all
modern Perl versions, you can write this as:

       open my $fh, "r", $file or die "Cannot open $file for read: $!";

Those were the two errors that I would flag as "must fix" in a code
review. Sorry, but I presume people might stumble across your suboptimal code
in a google search, so I have to put my comment publicly as well.

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>