Re: Saving the selection before killing (was: Selection not to be copied

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Saving the selection before killing (was: Selection not to be copied into kill-ring)
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:38:14 -0400

    What it does is that when you kill text, before doing the kill (which will
    replace the current X-selection with the killed text), we save the current
    selection on the kill-ring (only if it doesn't come from us, of course
    since otherwise it's already in the kill-ring).

When this is what you want, it's useful.  The only possible drawback
could be that it operates when you don't want it to.  It would
spuriously insert into the kill ring whenever you kill something Emacs
and there is an X selection in another program which you did not
intend to pull into Emacs.

Are we sure that won't happen and annoy people?