Re: Patch to change mouse binding for html view in gnus

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Patch to change mouse binding for html view in gnus
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 07:42:38 +0900

>>   fboundp((lambda (url) (browse-url url) t))

> The code should use `functionp' instead of `fboundp'.

Yup.  I've fixed it about a week ago in the emacs-w3m CVS trunk[1].
Furthermore, I also made a change so that just `browse-url' rather
than such a lambda form for `w3m-goto-article-function' may work[2].

[1] See http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/index-en.html, or simply get:
    http://cvs.namazu.org/emacs-w3m.tar.gz

[2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/74274

[...]

Katsumi> I leave all those as the default and have no problem (Firefox
Katsumi> happens to be used by default).  I don't always necessarily use
Katsumi> emacs-w3m.   I use Firefox when purchasing something, manipulating
Katsumi> my bank account... ;-)

> Ok.  I suppose this response means you are not swayed by my argument
> that users should only have to customize in a single place.

That is that at least I am only not motivated to do that.
Neither this represents the emacs-w3m team nor I am a chief of
the team.  You can contact the team at a suitable place, i.e.,
the emacs-w3m mailing list for example.

Regards,