Re: Multiple major modes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Multiple major modes
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 18:23:49 -0400

    The use syntax of an overloadable function is similar to programs that
    call `indent-for-tab-command', or `indent-according-to-mode', but
    there is no restriction forcing `according-to-mode' as part of the
    function name.

I understand the similarity, but I see the difference too.
The source code of `indent-according-to-mode' shows that it
calls something that can be set differently by different modes.

That's why I prefer using a variable.

However, you didn't show precisely what this feature looks like.
Perhaps I got the wrong idea of the feature.  Can you show me
what it looks like?