Re: patch: handle PS/PDF in Gnus

From: Sean O'Rourke
Subject: Re: patch: handle PS/PDF in Gnus
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 22:13:31 -0700

"Sean O'Rourke" <address@hidden> writes:

> Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> Indeed, and instead of adding umpteen entries that pass the
>> file to `open' we should change the code to default to `open'
>> under Mac OS X.
>
> Agreed.  Unless someone else gets to it first, I'll go ahead and
> do this.

Here's a patch that does what I think is "the right thing"
w.r.t. opening MIME types on the Mac.  It veers towards the
"umpteen" side of things because there are some types that should
be opened within Emacs, and some entries for other platforms that
interfere with types that should be handled by "open."  The patch
also fixes the undocumented "default" feature, that didn't appear
to work before.

/s

ps -- this uses "lpr" (== CUPS) for printing, independent of the
      ongoing discussion.
pps -- I need to return copyright papers.