Re: dired-details: show/hide file details in Dired

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: dired-details: show/hide file details in Dired
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:34:05 -0400

    That said, my mood doesn't
    usually change, I just set the default to terse mode and peek at the
    details when I need to know.

That is what I expect most people will want.

    When reviewing the code, I discovered that the `dired-details-toggle'
    function (submitted by Klaus Berndl) has a clever feature I never
    used. The 2nd param is a flag to update the `dired-details-initially-
    hide' variable to the new state set by the toggle call thus the next
    buffer will open in that state. This supports the usage by the multi-
    mood user (with an appropriate key-binding) without adding another
    variable to track global state.

That is nice.