offer to save *scratch*

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: offer to save *scratch*
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:39:33 -0400

What is the variable to prevent automatic saving of the *scratch*
buffer when you exit?  I want to make that t and set it in my .emacs
file since I use the *scratch* buffer as directed and do not want to
save the contents.  It is a convenience for me that *scratch* gets rid
of them.  (The initial-scratch-message says `This buffer is for notes
you don't want to save ...', but I do understand that many people do
not bother to read.)

At the moment, apropos only gives me

    initial-scratch-message
      Variable: Initial message displayed in *scratch* buffer at
      startup.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden