Re: Icon for MacOS

From: 山本和彦
Subject: Re: Icon for MacOS
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 16:06:34 +0900 (JST)

Hello,

>  - in the tarball, i see Emacs.icns and document.icns -- is it sufficient
>    to overwrite the current Emacs.icns and add document.icns in the same
>    directory?

Please override Emacs.icns.
And please add document.icns to the same directory.

>  - what about the other files in the tarball?

It's source files of the icon files. We don't need to include them
into the Emacs tree.

>  - do any other (non-.icns) existing files need to be updated to
>    reference the new icon files?

Yes.

To use document.icns (for ".el" for instance),
"emacs/mac/Emacs.app/Contents/Info.plist" should be modified.

You can refer to

http://svn.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/zenitani/CarbonEmacs/Resources/?root=macwiki#dirlist

Note that this Info.plist was written by Mr. Zenitani.

>  - i did not see Mr. Ohkouchi in any of the ChangeLog files or in the
>    top-level AUTHORS file.  this probably means we need to ask him to
>    assign copyright on to the FSF.  has that process already begun?

No.

I should ask Mr. Ohkouchi and Mr. Zenitani to do it.
I tried to find a page which describes how to assign copyright to the
FSF, but I couldn't find. Please give me the URL.

--Kazu