Re: be able to replace during isearch

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: be able to replace during isearch
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 15:37:17 +0200

The idea is that you would not need to leave isearch to perform
replacements. Whenever you wanted to replace the current search occurrence,
you would hit a certain key. The first time you do this, you would be asked
for the replacement string.

I would like this, I remember thinking about this while iseaching some
time back. Would it also be possible to have a key that asks for
another replacement to be used for later replacements if I am not
happy with the previous one I entered? I might want to replace X with
Y in one place and with Z in another.