Re: `*' interactive spec in some text-killing functions

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: `*' interactive spec in some text-killing functions
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 00:31:27 +0200

On 6/29/07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

If I understood Juanma correctly

No.

he had a
particular application where toggling overwrite-mode in read-only
buffers was causing him problems.

No.

I have no clue what problems, and I have been completely unable to
coerce him into producing any argument that would make me get his
point.

No.

While he accuses me that I wanted to convince him of being
mistaken or whatever

No. Of not accepting that what causes me confusion can not be asserted by you.

Plausible in that it would explain to
me why _he_ considers his proposal a good idea

Proposal?

But I completely fail to see what could make him (never mind myself)
consider his proposal a worthwhile idea.

Proposal?

It's not just that I have a
different opinion: I don't _understand_ his position at all.

Yes.

It is
completely void of any purpose I can discern.

Yes.

I am just _baffled_.

Yes.

Whatever.