Re: add `completing-read-history'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: add `completing-read-history'
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:19:23 -0400

    IMO, it's good to encourage Emacs-Lisp programmers to use completion more
    for reading user input. I suspect that some of us use `read-string' and
    `read-from-minibuffer' in situations where we might advantageously use
    `completing-read' (or another read-with-completion function).

I don't like the idea of complicating minibuffer input or taking away
commands in cases where there is no real set of valid completions.