Re: Don't concat directories to file names

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Don't concat directories to file names
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:59:56 +0200

On 6/22/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

I think `locate-emacs-data-file is better because it expresses the
fact that you're looking for data files that relate specially to
Emacs.

Well, in fact I said that the function does not return a directory,
and that's true, it returns a path. However, sometimes that path is a
directory name, as when a module uses it to construct a directory to
put temporary files.

So, following your suggestion it'd be more like
`locate-emacs-data-path'. Which I dislike, because we're insisting on
Emacs (which I think we can assume) and we're neglecting the user.
`locate-user-data-path' seems more to the point.

But at this point, I just want to commit it. Please, choose one.

            Juanma