Re: clipboard-*

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: clipboard-*
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:02:00 +0200

Leo skrev:
I noticed that clipboard-* functions are only available when running
emacs with an X GUI and was curious about whether it was a design
decision, or simply missing functionality, not to be able to use these
functions when running in terminal (-nw).

/c

I also run emacs in xterm and it is painful to copy things between emacs
and other applications without using mouse.

To use the clipboard, Emacs needs a connection to the X server. But -nw is there to explicitly not connect to the X server.

        Jan D.