Re: info DIR file: Duplicate topic entries problem

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: info DIR file: Duplicate topic entries problem
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 21:33:00 +0530

Hi,
Thank you for the detailed explanation.

On 6/23/07, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
that case.  You are welcome to suggest changes that avoid duplicate
entries in the DIR node, but please make sure the modified code does
not break the use case where the binaries are installed in an
arbitrary directory with no sources or build directory anywhere in
sight.

The default installation on windows puts info under the emacs folder tree:
Can we use:
(if (file-directory-p)
   (concat invocation-directory "../info")
  ())

I am not sure regarding the installation on non windows. Another
approach is to have a file containing the paths to folders to be added
to Info and lisp search paths. An install script (not the install
target of makefile) used to install pre-built binaries could read that
file and generate a lisp file which can be loaded by emacs on startup,
this can have location specific folder locations.

We already do that, see info-initialize.  That's why
Info-directory-list doesn't include the non-existing directories.

On my system, "Info-directory-list" evaluates to "nil". Could this
indicate a problem?

with best regards,
dhruva

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!