Re: Saving markup formats

From: Nic James Ferrier
Subject: Re: Saving markup formats
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:23:57 +0100

"Davis Herring" <address@hidden> writes:

> Now that will be rendered in Emacs as
>
> This is important!
> This is even more important.
>
> with appropriate faces, and perhaps one more newline between the
> sentences.  Now kill from "imp..." to "...more" and what happens?  If the
> result (in the buffer, not the kill ring) is a new paragraph with a
> mixture of styles, we have a problem because we then cannot tell whether a
> style is applied to a paragraph or merely to every character in it.  If
> it's something else, we have a problem because the nearby text properties
> don't jive.  What am I missing?

What OpenOffice does when you cut the same text out is strip the style
from "important!" and leave the style on "This is even more".

If you yank it into a para with another style however the new style
wins.

That's what we want I think. It doesn't seem _that_ hard.

Or am I missing something?

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk