RE: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:28:12 -0700

> The use of face names as candidates in *Completions* is not
> identical to the use of `list-faces-display'. One way to let
> users configure this difference would be to use a separate
> option for the swatch display in *Completions (the default
> value would not be 53 chars long, IMO). Icicles currently
> only lets you change the swatch length, but it might be good
> to let you specify the swatch text instead (a la
> `list-faces-sample-text').

FWIW, I've done that. Option `icicle-WYSIWYG-Completions-flag' can now be a
string of text to use as the face sample (swatch).

(defcustom icicle-WYSIWYG-Completions-flag "MMMM"
  "*Non-nil means to show candidates in *Completions* using WYSIWYG."
  :type
  '(choice
    (string :tag "Show candidate plus a WYSIWYG swatch with text..."
            :value "MMMM")
    (const  :tag "Show candidate itself using WYSIWYG" t)
    (const  :tag "Show candidate as is, with no text properties" nil))
  :group 'Icicles-Completions-Display)