Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:44:01 +0300

>> You have to type `C-x 4 C-x C-f' only once.  After `show-buffer' records the
>> fact of calling with the prefix `C-x 4' first time, it will reuse this
>> preference on subsequent invocations without the prefix `C-x 4'.
>
> That's definitely not something I'd like.  Just because I use the
> other-window function once does not mean I want to use it always.

We can use longer prefixes for that (e.g. `C-x 4 1') once the basic idea
is accepted.

`C-x C-f' - always use the same window
`C-x 4 C-x C-f' - always use another window
`C-x 4 1 C-x C-f' - use another window and save this preference to the config,
                    so next `C-x C-f' will use it

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/