Re: Adding ispell-multi.el and friends to Emacs

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: Adding ispell-multi.el and friends to Emacs
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:14:00 +0200

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 02:35:14PM +0200, martin rudalics wrote:
> > A mixed approach would be to first parse line and loop over words if a
> > language change is detected or active and send lines otherwise. I only
> > looked once at the line handling code to try doing something like that in
> > case of misalignments (doing line per words in case a misalignment is
> > found), but I had no success at all.
>
> FWIW, I have misalignment clashes only when Emacs and the spell system
> disagree about the coding system.  In that case, however, the output
> of the spell system is unusable for single words too.

Unless communication is done in utf8, if you have an utf8 buffer with a char
not in the dict charset ispell-region will fail with a misalingment (at
least with ispell, most aspell communications are done in utf8), but if you
try ispell-word in that word, the foreign char will not be recognized as
part of a word and only part of it will be sent to ispell for testing. The
difference is that ispell-region will fail for all the region if a
misalignment appear while ispell-word will only do things differently for
the affected word. That was the intention.

--
Agustin