Re: elib -> emacs

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: elib -> emacs
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 07:54:26 +0200

Am Sonntag, 17. Juni 2007 23:49 schrieb Richard Stallman:
>     For me it doesn't seem a good idea to drop elib.el,
>     unless it's proven buggy.
>
> Some of its functionality is already in Emacs.
> Emacspeak is not a sharp issue, since the relevant files
> of elib have been copied into it.
>
>     http://emacspeak.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/lisp/elib-readme
>     says:
>
>     This directory includes stack-f.el and string.el from
>     Elib 1.0.
>
> Can you email me those two files?  If they are useful enough,
> we could add them to Emacs.

??? Sorry, but I don't understand your request. Both
files are part of elib.el, distributed with Emacs.

> What other elib features do programs such as Emacspeak still use?

Good question. How to find out if functions written at
some place are used by other programs? Got an
impression to have seen such thing in one of the
cl-implementation files, but don't remember
precisely. I'm afraid I can't be helpful here.

Andreas Roehler