Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 22:55:01 +0900

> Frankly, I don't see the point in not merging either.  I don't see
> that the trunk accomplishes _any_ function in connection to Emacs
> development that would not equally well be accomplished if unicode-2
> was merged.  We don't need a "stable" trunk: we have EMACS_BASE_22
> for that purpose.

I had an impression (yes, just an impression) that:

  EMACS_BASE_22: to become the next bugfix release 22.2.
    Only bugfix changes should go there.
  trunk: to become EMACS_BASE_22 after the 22.2 release.
    Changes common to 22 and 23 should go there.
  emacs-unicode-2: to become the trunk after the 22.2 release.
    Changes specific to 23 (but not multi-tty-specific) should go there.
    Changes made to the trunk also go there by regular sync. by Miles.

But as Richard said multi-tty changes could also go to the trunk under
a certain condition, this impression will never be true at least in a
strict sense.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden