Re: Compiling emacs 22 on ubuntu 7.0.4

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Compiling emacs 22 on ubuntu 7.0.4
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:20:13 -0400

    I changed configure so it exits with an error if any image library isn't
    found, and --with-xxx=no was not given.  I only chnaged the trunk, not the
    emacs 22 branch.

I think this is correct for GNU/Linux and probably for some other
systems.

t could be that there are some platforms where the old behavior is
better, so we might subsequently want to switch between this behavior
and the old behavior according to the configuration name.  But we can wait
and see if that is really true.