Re: IPP under emacs [was: Re: Post-22.1 development?]

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: IPP under emacs [was: Re: Post-22.1 development?]
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 16:59:47 -0400

On Jun 8, 2007, at 16:20, Jason Rumney wrote:
Ken Raeburn wrote:
I seem to recall seeing some work on TLS for Emacs done too, but I
don't recall how general it was.

Do you mean lisp/net/tls.el, or something different?

That may be it. It looks like it'll support the port-number-selected TLS protocols, but I don't see how it would support ones where use of TLS is negotiated by the application protocol after the connection is established (e.g., STARTTLS in SMTP).

I see gnus also has a starttls.el; it has some interesting other bits to it, I don't know if it'll provide that support either though.

I was probably thinking of one of the two; at the moment I can't find mention of any other such packages in my email archives.

Ken