Re: new Emacs maintainer(s)?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: new Emacs maintainer(s)?
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 20:21:30 -0400

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

>   >     Have you made a decision on who is going to be the new Emacs
>   >     maintainer(s)?
>   >
>   > I have not made a plan.
>
> Here a modest proposal to advance in that direction: name Chong Yidong
> as the 22.x maintainer (assuming he wants the job), his work on
> pushing [22.1] out was outstanding.

Thank you for the compliment, though of course many others also worked
hard to get the release out the door.

The primary objection to choosing me is that there are several Emacs
hackers on this list who have been contributing to Emacs for much
longer, and have a deeper understanding of the system as a whole.
However, if no one else wants to maintainer, I would not mind doing
it; I think I shall have enough spare time to devote to this, at least
during the next three or four years.