Re: address@hidden: RE: cannot find :enable in Elisp manualindex]

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: address@hidden: RE: cannot find :enable in Elisp manualindex]
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 02:51:16 +0300

>     `makeinfo --html' already generates output that any browser can display.
>     What is missing in HTML output are Info-specific semantical elements,
>     like references to next and previous nodes, menu items grouped to menus,
>     index items that can be easily extracted.
>
> Can we figure out a way to include that in HTML,
> so that we solve this problem without losing the ability to display
> in an ordinary browser?

Including them in HTML is easy by using HTML semantical markup
(elements "div", attributes "class", etc.)

But the most trouble I expect from displaying HTML in Emacs.  There was
one unsuccessful project that implements a HTML browser in Emacs - w3.
Its failure causes doubts about expediency of using HTML in the Emacs
Info browser.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/