Re: [RFA] Console based mouse face highlighting.

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: [RFA] Console based mouse face highlighting.
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:41:45 +1200

 >  > The menu bar can't be activated by clicking; dragging the
 >  > mode-line/vertical-border doesn't work.
 >
 > OK, I can see these.  I'll put them on my todo list.

The menu bar isn't currently recognised by Emacs as a special area.  The file
t-mouse.el previously worked by faking the mouse event.  Now it is read from
the command loop, I think Emacs needs to add ON_MENU_BAR to enum window_part
and make coordinates_in_window return it when appropriate.

I've got the function mouse-position to work but trying to drag the
mode-line/vertical-border still doesn't.

Evaluating your expression:    (track-mouse (read-event))

after the mouse has been moved onto part of this text gives an erroneous value
for POS-OR-AREA and TEXT-POS.  (It's always at (point-max) i.e the end of the
text.)  This might be the cause of the problem.  I'll elaborate if anyone is
interested in fixing it.

--
Nick                                           http://www.inet.net.nz/~nickrobff