Re: package.el: bytecode portability across emacs versions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: package.el: bytecode portability across emacs versions
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 20:02:53 -0400

    You are talking about "the directory".

I'n talking about two specific directories that we would put into the
normal value of load-path, in the order that we choose.

                                            load-path establishes an
    _order_, and we can have repetitive elements in this order when the
    user installs his own version of some packages intended to override
    the system version.

I don't understand the scenario you have in mind, but most people who
add to load-path are lilely to do so by adding directories.  Adding
directories which package.el doesn't use won't cause any problem.  So
I don't see a problewm here.