Re: modify-syntax-entry and UTF8?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: modify-syntax-entry and UTF8?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 02:53:35 +0900

Geoffrey Alan Washburn <address@hidden> writes:
> Still broken, at least in the latest CVS version of the emacs-unicode-2
> branch.  Is there another branch that I should be using (or alternately
> have its changes merged into emacs-unicode-2)?

I'm using my own branch, derived from the CVS emacs-unicode-2 branch
(I don't think my personal changes are relevant to this area).

So how come it works for me but not for you?

I use the following command to invoke Emacs (where /tmp/m is your
message):

   env - TERM=xterm emacs -nw -Q /tmp/m

[The non-ascii chars are displayed as question-marks because Emacs
doesn't know what character set the terminal supports, but they still
match correctly.]

-Miles

--
The car has become... an article of dress without which we feel uncertain,
unclad, and incomplete.  [Marshall McLuhan, Understanding Media, 1964]