Re: I would like to investigate including verilog-mode.el in the default

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: I would like to investigate including verilog-mode.el in the default distribution
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 08:24:41 -0700

Michael McNamara <address@hidden> writes:

  > I have been maintaining verilog-mode.el at http://www.verilog-mode.el
  > for more than ten years now, and would like to investigate how I could
  > get the current version included as a part of the next emacs
  > distribution.  Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> suggested that this
  > is a good time to propose this as you are beginning a new development
  > round.
  >
  > Please let me know if this is a good time, and if so what steps I need
  > to take.
  >
  > To learn more about the emacs mode, you can visit the website
  > http://www.verilog.com.  I and Wilson Snyder are the developers of the
  > mode, and we would be happy to sign (or re-sign) copyright assignment
  > paperwork.

Can someone with access to the copyright list please check the
copyright status for Michael McNamara and Wilson Snyder for
verilog-mode.el?

  > Note further that while the Verilog language is mature (originally
  > developed in 1987) it is right now in an active re-development phase (
  > it is going through a process much like C becoming C++ ), so we will
  > have further updates as we introduce support for the new syntax.
  > Hence we would like to have some mechanism for submitting updates of
  > the mode as we develop them.  We will continue publishing these on
  > sites like www.verilog.com as per our usual procedure; but would also
  > like to update your distribution as well.
  >
  > Michael McNamara
  > address@hidden

I am not sure what is the mechanism for you to get commit access to
the Emacs CVS, but until you get that, I can volunteer to check in
your verilog-mode changes in a timely manner.

Thanks
        --dan