Re: Line endings bug

From: Seiji Zenitani
Subject: Re: Line endings bug
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 22:34:30 -0400

On 2007/05/16, at 22:54, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2007 21:01:25 -0400, Seiji Zenitani <address@hidden> said:

I received the following fix to the mac port.  Although I have not
yet met troubles regarding CR/LF, I think it makes sense to modify
utf-16be/16le-mac to utf-16be/16le in the last two lines in
mac-string-to-utxt, term/mac-win.el.

I'm not quite sure what bug is fixed by that change.  What was OP's
concrete problem?

I'm sorry but I lost contact with him.

The default eol character seems to be 'unix and I hear OS X's
internal code is utf-16 + LF (unix).  Could you please examine it?

At least, Safari and Apple Mail use CR when they put multi-line
data to the clipboard.

How to confirm this?

When I copy text from the Safari/Mail.app and then type the following command,
the text file "sample.txt" has LF, not CR.

 $ pbpaste > sample.txt
 $ hexdump sample.txt

0000000 0a41 0a42 0a43
0000006