Re: MacOS port functional too

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: MacOS port functional too
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 11:26:23 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> The MacOS port is functional now.
> When compiling for X11 all the multi-tty functionality that is
> available on other platform works as well.
>
> When compiling for the native Carbon toolkit it is possible to use
> both terminal and Carbon frames simultaneously.
>
> Everything was only very lightly test as I run out of time, I have
> done this work on a borrowed machine that I had to return. I am not
> sure that I am going to have access to such a machine any time soon.
> (This is the first time ever that I compiled _any_ code on a Mac...)
>
> Please take multi-tty for a spin on a Mac.

Are there other platforms we would need to get a basic hold on before
merging?  From what Eli has said, there seems to be little point in
going overboard keeping MSDOS functional in the trunk for now.  If
there is no sufficient impetus to keep it in our portfolio, it should
not prevent a merger.  While it is still not clear to me that it would
be a good idea to tackle the remaining architectural and usage issues
from the trunk, having the platform support showstopper out of the way
would at least be a good start.