Re: CVS is the `released version'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CVS is the `released version'
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 18:31:21 -0400

    rms> 1. It could reduce the incentive for people to assign copyright
    rms> on their code.

    Yeah, this is definitely to be preferred.  I'm not comfortable
    requiring it, though, because there are very useful Emacs Lisp
    packages which, AIUI, will never be assigned to the FSF.

I'm not comfortable with having Emacs automatically install and load
anything that isn't copyright FSF.  So if we do install a feature like
this, it will use only one repository, on gnu.org.