Re: multi-tty branch created

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: multi-tty branch created
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:02:13 -0400

> Hold your horses.  There is always "emacsclient --current-frame" to
> prevent emacsclient from creating a new terminal.  This retains much of
> the functionality of the original emacsclient, including, I believe,
> things like C-#, and does not use multi-tty features.

For the sake of transparent backward compatibility, I'd make --current-frame
the default, and use -nw as an argument to force the use of the new
multi-tty feature.  This way you only get the new feature when you ask
for it.  I normally prefer using an X11 frame over a tty frame, so I'd only
want to use -nw in those cases where it matters (typically when the
bandwidth is limited).

        Stefan