Re: multi-tty branch created

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: multi-tty branch created
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:46:37 +0200

On 5/16/07, Károly Lo"rentey <address@hidden> wrote:

There is always "emacsclient --current-frame" to
prevent emacsclient from creating a new terminal.  This retains much of
the functionality of the original emacsclient, including, I believe,
things like C-#, and does not use multi-tty features.

In the merge, the execvp wrapper for Windows has been moved to below
the point where execvp is used; i.e, execvp is used in fail, but

 #undef execvp
 #define execvp w32_execvp

happens quite a bit later. That's an error, I think.

I hope most people would agree that the new emacsclient features are a
definite improvement.

As long as the features currently in the trunk are maintained, yes.

Keep in mind that improving emacsclient behaviour is one of the primary
results of the multi-tty branch.

Then it should continue to be done in the multi-tty branch until
merging it to the trunk does not represent a regression.

            Juanma