Re: doc patch: "Saving Properties" merge into "Format Conversion"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: doc patch: "Saving Properties" merge into "Format Conversion"
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 09:37:10 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> I also disagree with some of Richard's ideas (e.g. releasing 22.2
> from the trunk, the microseconds/milliseconds/whatever patch), but I
> don't think screaming and moaning is going to solve a damn thing,
> particularly at a time when the right thing to do is move carefully
> and deliberately.

The "screaming and moaning" happens exactly because the right thing to
do would be to move carefully and deliberately, and this simply does
not happen.  Since there is pretty much nothing left for people on the
trunk/base to facilitate a release, I don't consider it out of the
place to discuss how and where people can actually still accomplish
work without being at fault for delaying the release.

> Grow up people.  You can disagree without acting like a spoiled 2
> year old.

A 2 year old would not remember what an Emacs release was like...