Who wrote calc? Who maintains it?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Who wrote calc? Who maintains it?
Date: 4 May 2007 12:09:17 +0200
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 12:30:41 +0100

Hi, Jay!

I've suddenly become aware of what a massive and capable program calc is.
As my excuse, on Emacs 21 (which will be my main workhorse for a few
weeks yet), M-x calc expands to M-x calculator.

But who wrote this tremendous program (and classy manual)?  Going into
calc.info, a lot of contributors are listed (on the page "History and
Acknowledgements").  But not the author, David Gillespie.  He refers to
himself only by the diffident prepositions, "I" and "me".  I found this
irritating - so irritating, in fact, that I went straight to calc.el to
identify this brilliant hacker.  You aren't named there, either.

How about "fixing" this before the release?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Ittersbach, Germany).