Re: [Fwd: Re: emacs w32 menu disapprears after clicking item]

From: Alexandru Harsanyi
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: emacs w32 menu disapprears after clicking item]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:05:40 +0800

On 26 Apr 2007, at 1:32 AM, Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:

I am trying to understand how it could happen that the menus disappear. It seems like the disappear in a certain order, from left to right. That makes me wonder if the menu creation functions for dynamic menus are protected against errors (and if they can be protected). Anyone who have a good grasp of this at the moment?

I have this problem on WIN32 from time to time. In my case, I believe another windows application (In my case, SQLTools, www.sqltools.net) is leaking windows GUI resources so the Windows system does not have resources available for other applications. If I close that application, Emacs menus will no longer dissapear, without any changes to Emacs (don't even have to restart it).

Other applications are also affected by this GUI resource leak: they sometimes refuse to display right-click menus or dialog boxes. It is not that nociceable since most applications allocate the GUI resources they need at startup.

Kind Regards,
Alex.