Re: Emacs 22 branch created.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs 22 branch created.
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:32:34 +0900

> Maybe just ADD the desired name ..._RC
> without removing the undesired name ..._BASE.

The problem is that the "undesired name" is quite misleading; I wouldn't
be surprised if just leaving it as an alias would cause further grief
later...

>     I've found mention on the web that it won't DTRT for files in the Attic.
>     Since we've deleted python.el from the branch, it might be too much of a
>     risk to change the tag names now.

If just one file is problematic, it could probably be fixed up by hand.

[What's the "risk", anyway?]

-Miles

--
In New York, most people don't have cars, so if you want to kill a person, you
have to take the subway to their house.  And sometimes on the way, the train