Re: Release schedule

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Release schedule
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:35:36 -0400

    On Monday, I will cut the branch and roll a candidate Emacs 22.1
    tarball.  If no immediate problems are found with that tarball, I
    think we can make that the official release.

There are some discussions about bug fixes going on just now.
I don't recall whether all of them have been resolved yet.
Please verify that they have been, before you make that candidate
tarball.

Meanwhile, there is another issue.  The candidate tarball
must not have "22.1" as the version number!  It has to be
labeled as a pretest, not as a release.  If all goes well,
_the same source files_ can be the release.  But it can't
be the same tarball!