Re: delete-overlay causes recentering

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: delete-overlay causes recentering
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:13:11 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> If we use the original values of BEG_UNCHANGED and END_UNCHANGED,
> before it is "updated" by the above code, the spurious recentering
> does not take place.  The original (2006) test case also seems to
> behave OK -- in that case, we recenter correctly.  However, I can't be
> certain this is correct because I don't know the original
> justification for the above check.

The justification was to make BEG_UNCHANGED and END_UNCHANGED up to date
(similar to try_window_id) before the test in the following lines.

If you say that is not necessary, it is ok with me to remove that code
(but perhaps it would be better to just put #if 0 around it and add
a comment which explains why it is not necessary).