Re: footnote-style latin doesn't renumber

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: footnote-style latin doesn't renumber
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:16:39 +0200

> However, now customizing `footnote-style' to `latin'
> doesn't take effect any more.
>
> Stays `numeric'.

I didn't change anything there.  Observe that `footnote-style' is made
buffer-local when you invoke `footnote-mode'.  Hence you would have to
tell me whether

(1) customizing `footnote-style' fails (i.e., the global value
doesn't get set), or

(2) setting the buffer-local value fails.

I suspect that you customized `footnote-style' _after_ invoking
`footnote-mode' in some buffer.  In this case the customization won't
have any effect in that buffer.