Re: Top posting related changes in the cvs

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Top posting related changes in the cvs
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 20:30:33 +0200

() Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden>
() Mon, 09 Apr 2007 15:40:40 +0900

   Anyway, I verified that, before this change, there has already
   been the problem that happens when `message-yank-original' is
   called interactively.  So, I'm not a culprit. ;-)

my bad.  i apologize for the mis-analysis.  i guess the point is
that it was a long-standing discrepency masked by a long-standing
discrepency workaround.

   >         * gnus-msg.el (gnus-inews-yank-articles):
   >         Fix bug: Make sure point is at eob after yanking.

   I think the recent change in `message-yank-original' and this
   fix are the right solutions for Gnus v5.11.  However, for No
   Gnus, it doesn't solve the problem in the case where
   `message-cite-reply-above' is non-nil and `message-yank-original'
   is called interactively.  How about this one?

           * message.el (message-yank-original):
           Don't exchange point and mark.

   I also removed the `(unless (< (point) (mark-marker)) ...)' test
   since I think it will never return nil.

i have no opinion on No Gnus, just on the Gnus distributed w/ Emacs
(that i can play around with (and break, apparently)).

thi