Re: display-completion-list should not strip text properties

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: display-completion-list should not strip text properties
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 15:47:32 -0400

    He didn't say to ignore it, he said we should find a way around it to
    go for a release.

That would be effectively ignoring the problem.
If we put it off now, we would be likely to put it off indefinitely.
I don't want to take that path.

Fortunately Glenn listened to my concern, and found a feasible way to
solve the problem.

Glenn, would you please remove the code that you've identified
as needing removal?  There is no need to un-fix the typos.
I agree with Eli that it is better if someone else
reimplements the code based on a description from you.