Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:28:20 -0400 (EDT)

   Do you have in use cases where 'bold would not work?

Yes.  (The standard bold, `out of the box', will not work.)  The
problem will become more common until absolute units become the norm.
Then the problem vanishes.

When you have a high resolution screen, as I do, but fonts are
provided in pixels rather than in absolute units, and you get older
and need (in an absolute unit) 10 or 12 point fonts to be able to
read, you need to pick a font with a larger than normal number of
pixels ... that is the problem ...

In my case, with the larger font as measured in pixels, shown at a
decent size as measured in absolute units, to increase the weight for
bolding fails.  (Otherwise, the many pixeled font looks proper; I set
my bold to be normal weight and a different color.  All is well.)

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden