Re: stack size info

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: stack size info
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:01:32 -0400

   From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
   Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:24:10 +0100

   A Soare <address@hidden> writes:

   > STACKSIZE
   >      The maximum stack size this function needs. In case of recursion,
   >      every recursive call grows function's stack size with this constant.
   >
   > ########
   >
   > This is a litte better?

   I don't think so.  My guess is "The maximum stack size this function
   needs for execution, disregarding further (including recursive)
   function calls as those extend the stack on their own."

i'm inclined to leave the docs alone.  the node's entire context is a
single function and thus the STACKSIZE element of the byte-code function
object pertains to a single function call.

however, if pressed, i will suggest:
The maximum stack size this function might need when called.

"might" because it is possible that any particular call uses less than
that amount.  "when called" addresses recursion.

is that wording ok?

thi