Re: partial-completion-mode in gdba

From: Denis Bueno
Subject: Re: partial-completion-mode in gdba
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:49:09 -0400

On 3/21/07, A Soare <address@hidden> wrote:
1. Emacs -Q

2. partial-completion-mode

=> partial-completion-mode on

3. gdba

=>Run gdba (like this): gdb -annotate=3 /g/e/ <TAB>

comint-dynamic-complete-as-filename: Opening directory: no such file or
directory, /g/e/ [2 times]

I'm no expert, but I think this is due to the fact that running M-x
partial-completion-mode just turns partial-completion-mode on in the
buffer in which you run in. Try reversing the order of steps 2 and 3.

I myself have been bitten by thiss. It is annoying. I wish there were
a global-partial-completion-mode, much as there is a
global-reveal-mode or global-hl-line-mode.

-Denis