Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/ChangeLog.7,v

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/ChangeLog.7,v
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:58:47 +0100

On 3/19/07, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

The situation is this: Kevin Rodgers has only signed papers for vc and
ps-print, and RMS hasn't been able to get into contact with him.

I don't understand. The most recent change by Kevin is from
2007-03-04. He was active in help-gnu-emacs two days ago. How can be
so difficult to contact him?

The changes I made were for keeping track of which of the changes he
made are tiny, so we can tell where the situation stands.

Aha, now I understand. Thanks.

The tiny
changes, I think, are OK: my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong)

IANAL :) I spoke because on previous discussions IIRC there was some
talk that ten or so lines were acceptable, *as total amount* of
collaboration by someone without papers. But I might be
misremembering.

I don't know how this can be resolved.  Under these circumstances, I'd
suggest relaxing the usual policy of strictly requiring copyright
assignments; the chance of any legal difficulty arising from his
contributions is surely vanishingly small.

I tend to agree, but we are not lawyers, are we? :( :)

            Juanma