Re: [DIFFS] Re: Connection to emacs CVS broken ?

From: NIIMI Satoshi
Subject: Re: [DIFFS] Re: Connection to emacs CVS broken ?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:56:26 +0900

2007/3/16, Glenn Morris <address@hidden>:
So it seems the recovery options are:

1) use NIIMI Satoshi's rsync copy (how does one get one of these,
  BTW?) to patch the repository.

rsync of repository is documented at:
http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=4168

2) use the recipe suggested on savannah to make a big commit of the
  missing differences, as per Kim's DIFF mail.

  http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=4793

3) use the emacs-diff and commit mailing lists to re-commit the lost
  changes (plus a couple of extra ones).

4) extract changesets from my copy of CVS repository (e.g. convert the
repository to changeset based SCM), verify changesets missing in
savannah, commit them into savannah.

1) messing with the ,v files seems a bit risky to me, regardless of
  the provenance.

2) would be fine, but loses the original cvs commit logs.

3) I wouldn't mind doing my changes again...

4) Not sure how to commit changesets with logs into CVS automatically.

--
NIIMI Satoshi