Re: Pretest?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Pretest?
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:23:07 +0100

On 3/13/07, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:

Which I agree with aborting isearch, I don't agree with aborting a
recursive editing, since the latter is not as much a modal thing.

This is the relevant code from server.el, which has been in place for
107 days now:

 (when (> (recursion-depth) 0)
   ;; We're inside a minibuffer already, so if the emacs-client is trying
   ;; to open a frame on a new display, we might end up with an unusable
   ;; frame because input from that display will be blocked (until exiting
   ;; the minibuffer).  Better exit this minibuffer right away.
   ;; Similarly with recursive-edits such as the splash screen.
   (process-put proc :previous-string string)
   (run-with-timer 0 nil (lexical-let ((proc proc))
                           (lambda () (server-process-filter proc ""))))
   (top-level))

            Juanma