Re: Emacs fails to bootstrap, gnus / mh-e related

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs fails to bootstrap, gnus / mh-e related
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:53:19 +0900

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:
>>    In toplevel form:
>>    ../../../../src/emacs/devo/lisp/gnus/gnus-mh.el:38:1:Error: Symbol's
>> function definition is void: mh-require-cl
>
> Do you have mh-e/mh-loaddefs.el?

I have this:

   ;;; mh-loaddefs.el --- automatically extracted autoloads

   ;; Copyright (C) 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
   ;; Author: Bill Wohler <address@hidden>
   ;;; Commentary:
   ;;; Change Log:
   ;;; Code:

   (provide 'mh-loaddefs)
   ;; Local Variables:
   ;; version-control: never
   ;; no-byte-compile: t
   ;; no-update-autoloads: t
   ;; End:
   ;;; mh-loaddefs.el ends here

I gather it's supposed to contain something more?  What is supposed
to update it?

One thing that might be relevant:  My original command used make's -j4
option (for parallel makes):  "make -j4 bootstrap".  When that failed, I
redid it using a simple "make bootstrap", but perhaps if this file was
somehow screwed up by the make -j4, and isn't being properly regenerated by
"make bootstrap", that could be why it failed the 2nd time?

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia